Thursday 22 November 1928
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Juno Stover-Irwin and Pat Smythe.
West of Zanzibar, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 November 1928!
Which were the important events of 22 November 1928 ?
- R.C. Saints - Feast of Saint Cecilia
- Also see November 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lebanon - Independence Day (from France, 1943)
- Family Day begins in 2005
- Astrology: usually the first day of sun sign Sagittarius
- Juno Stover-Irwin: United States -- Diver (1956 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Pat Smythe: England, United Kingdom -- Equestrian jumper (1956 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Timothy Beaumont: British noble (d. 2008).
- David Judelson: American business executive, with gulf and western industries inc.
- Teddy Vrignault: French comedian and actor who, with André Gaillard, formed the comedy duo "Les Frères ennemis," popular in the 1960s and 1970s in France.
- Bolero by Maurice Ravel, 1st performed publicly (Paris)
- The premier performance of Ravel's Bolero takes place in Paris.
- Maurice Ravel's ''Boléro'' premieres at the Paris Opéra.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?