Friday 22 November 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Bank Dick, directed by Edward F. Cline, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 November 1940!
Which were the important events of 22 November 1940 ?
- R.C. Saints - Feast of Saint Cecilia
- Also see November 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lebanon - Independence Day (from France, 1943)
- Family Day begins in 2005
- Astrology: usually the first day of sun sign Sagittarius
- Terry Gilliam in Minneapolis: Minnesota, USA; comedy writer-animator (Monty Python's Flying Circus).
- Terry Gilliam: American writer, producer, animator, director and set-designer, the only American member of Britain's comedy troupe, "Monty Python.
- Roy Thomas: American comic book writer.
- Waclaw Berent: Polish Novelist, dies at 67.
- 500 students in Delft demonstrate against Nazis
- World War II: Following the initial Italian invasion, Greek troops counterattack into Italian-occupied Albania and capture Korytsa.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1940 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Down Argentina Way - Bob Crosby & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?