Monday 22 November 1943
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Floyd Sneed and George W [Buddy] Darden.
The Falcon and the Co-eds, directed by William Clemens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
On TV people were watching Voice of Firestone Televues.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 November 1943!
Which were the important events of 22 November 1943 ?
- R.C. Saints - Feast of Saint Cecilia
- Also see November 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lebanon - Independence Day (from France, 1943)
- Family Day begins in 2005
- Astrology: usually the first day of sun sign Sagittarius
- Floyd Sneed: Calgary, Alberta -- Rock drummer (Three Dog Night-Joy to the World).
- George W [Buddy] Darden: (Rep-D-Georgia, 1983- ).
- Billie Jean King in Long Beach: California, USA; tennis pro (Wimbledon 1968, 1972, 1973, 1975).
- Roger L Simon: American novelist and screenwriter.
- Peter Adair: American filmmaker.
- Edmund Federici: American homicide; found guilty on 8/26/1994 of murdering his wife 10/26/1991 in Medford, MA, and given life sentence without parole.
- Jean-Louis Bruguès: French archbishop of the Catholic Church. He is current archivist and librarian of the Holy Roman Church.
- Billie King: American tennis champion and entrepreneur. One of the greatest women tennis players in the twentieth century, King put women's tennis on the map in 1966 and has watched it expand ever since. With a stellar career including 20 Wimbledon titles from 1966 - 1979, the Australian Open in 1968, the French Open in 1972, winner of 29 Virginia Slims singles titles, five U.S. Open titles and five time winner of the Wightman Cup, by the age of 33 she had 19 career titles. King set the international standar
- Yvan Cournoyer: Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- William Kotzwinkle: American novelist and screenwriter
- Roger Simon: American author and screenwriter
- FDR, Churchill and Chiang Kai-shek meet to discuss ways to defeat Japan
- Lebanon declares independence from French administration
- RAF begins air bombing of Berlin
- US troops land on Abemada, Gilbert Island
- World War II: War in the Pacific : U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt, British Prime Minister Winston Churchill, and Chinese leader Chiang Kai-Shek meet in Cairo, Egypt, to discuss ways to defeat Japan (see Cairo Conference)
- Lebanon gains independence from France.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?