Wednesday 22 November 1944
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Thin Man Goes Home, directed by Richard Thorpe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 November 1944!
Which were the important events of 22 November 1944 ?
- R.C. Saints - Feast of Saint Cecilia
- Also see November 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lebanon - Independence Day (from France, 1943)
- Family Day begins in 2005
- Astrology: usually the first day of sun sign Sagittarius
- Robert Iliffe: English publisher (Coventry Evening Telegraph).
- Gerry Berns: American minor actor in film and TV.
- Arthur Stanley Eddington: English astrophysicist (Born 1882).
- Duke of Cornwalls Light Infantry occupies Hoven at Geilenkirchen
- William Mackenzie King introduces conscription in Canada (''see'' Conscription Crisis of 1944).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 November 1944 and get them!