Sunday 22 November 1953
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Philippe Martin and Urmas Alender.
In UK Answer Me by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Hondo, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Life with Father.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 November 1953!
Which were the important events of 22 November 1953 ?
- R.C. Saints - Feast of Saint Cecilia
- Also see November 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lebanon - Independence Day (from France, 1943)
- Family Day begins in 2005
- Astrology: usually the first day of sun sign Sagittarius
- Philippe Martin: French politician, who was Minister for Environment, Sustainable Growth and Energy in the Ayrault Cabinet from 2 July 2013 to 31 March 2014.
- Urmas Alender: Estonian singer (Propeller and Ruja) (d. 1994).
- Syed Sulaiman Nadvi: Pakistani religious scholar and biographer of Muhammad (Born 1884).
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?