Thursday 22 November 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
The Teahouse of the August Moon, directed by Daniel Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 November 1956!
Which were the important events of 22 November 1956 ?
- R.C. Saints - Feast of Saint Cecilia
- Also see November 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lebanon - Independence Day (from France, 1943)
- Family Day begins in 2005
- Astrology: usually the first day of sun sign Sagittarius
- Lawrence Gowan: Scottish-Canadian singer-songwriter and keyboard player (Styx).
- Richard Kind: American actor.
- Ron Randall: American author and illustrator.
- Vincent Giafferi: French criminal (Caillaux / Landru).
- 16th modern Olympic games opens in Melbourne
- Bill Sharman (Boston) begins NBA free throw streak of 55 games
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1956 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?