Saturday 22 November 2003
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Banjo Taylor .
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Baby Boy by Beyonce.
In UK Be Faithful by Fatman Scoop featuring The Crooklyn Clan was in the top 5 hits.
Timeline, directed by Richard Donner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Key of Light by Nora Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Warrior Women with Lucy Lawless.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Apocalyptica or Apprentice.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 November 2003!
Which were the important events of 22 November 2003 ?
- R.C. Saints - Feast of Saint Cecilia
- Also see November 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lebanon - Independence Day (from France, 1943)
- Family Day begins in 2005
- Astrology: usually the first day of sun sign Sagittarius
- Banjo Taylor: Australian noted family member, son of actor Rachel Griffiths ("Six Feet Under") and her artist husband Andrew Taylor.
- The Georgian Rose Revolution ends in overwhelming victory president Eduard Shevardnadze resigns following weeks of mass protests over fraudulent elections.
- A total solar eclipse is seen over Antarctica.
- The United States tests the Massive Ordnance Air Blast bomb or (MOAB), the world's largest non-nuclear bomb, in Florida.
- Occupation of Iraq:
- Car bombs outside police stations in the towns of Khan Bani Saad and Baquba, north of Baghdad, detonate around 08h local time (0500 UTC), killing upwards of 18 people.
- A cargo plane belonging to courier company DHL makes an emergency landing at Baghdad airport after being hit by a surface-to-air missile.
- At 5:51 am, the United States House of Representatives passes the Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act by a vote of 220–215, as fifteen Democrats change their votes. Three hours earlier the same bill had failed, 211–222.
- Peruvian President Alejandro Toledo apologizes for the 70,000 people killed in the 15-year battle with the Shining Path rebel movement. He promises to punish members of Armed Forces who were responsible for many abuses.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?