Wednesday 22 November 2006
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Johan Samuel .
In that special week of November people in US were listening to My Love by Justin Timberlake.
In UK Put Your Hands Up For Detroit by Fedde Le Grande was in the top 5 hits.
Deja Vu, directed by Tony Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while You: On a Diet by Michael F. Roizen, Mehmet C. Oz was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Strutter.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing A Kiss for the Petals or Cake Mania.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 November 2006!
Which were the important events of 22 November 2006 ?
- R.C. Saints - Feast of Saint Cecilia
- Also see November 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lebanon - Independence Day (from France, 1943)
- Family Day begins in 2005
- Astrology: usually the first day of sun sign Sagittarius
- Johan Samuel: American-born child of noted parents, model Heidi Klum and singer Seal.
- Pat Dobson: American baseball player (Born 1942).
- A gas pipeline explodes near the city of Surabaya in Java, killing seven people. (Reuters via ABC Australia)
- Hinting at Iran, Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert tells Orthodox Union (OU) in Jerusalem: ampquotIsrael's main problem is threat that comes from those who openly talk about wiping us off the map we have heard these voices in the past we can't afford to listen and not to react.ampquot (Yedioth Ahronoth)
- General elections in the Netherlands have resulted in a landslide gain for the Socialist Party. The Christian Democratic CDA remains the largest party, but no two parties can form a cabinet with a majority in the House of Representatives. (AP via ABC News)
- The Prime Minister of Lebanon has asked the United Nations for help in investigating the assassination of Pierre Amine Gemayel. (Reuters via The Age)
- Flooding in southern Somalia causes 73 deaths. Up to 1.8 million people have been affected by the floods. (AFP via Mail and Guardian)
- The United Nations claims that 3,709 Iraqi civilians died during October 2006 as sectarian violence worsens. (AP via Houston Chronicle)
- United States district judge for the Eastern District of Louisiana Eldon Fallon rules that over seven thousand federal lawsuits against pharmaceutical company Merck claiming that its drug Vioxx caused heart problems could not be combined into one class action suit. (AP via Chicago Tribune)
- According to UK Foreign Secretary Margaret Beckett, British troops stationed in the Iraqi city of Basra could hand over control to local authorities as early as next spring. (The Times)
- The Prime Minister of Nepal Girija Prasad Koirala and Maoist guerilla leader Prachanda sign a peace treaty ending 11 years of civil war in Nepal. (Sydney Morning Herald)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?