Friday 22 October 1943
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Guadalcanal Diary, directed by Lewis Seiler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 October 1943!
Which were the important events of 22 October 1943 ?
- Catherine Deneuve: French film actress and businesswoman.
- Allen Coage: American-Canadian wrestler and coach (d. 2007).
- Catherine Coulson: American actress (d. 2015).
- Jan de Bont: Dutch director producer and cinematographer.
- Seif Hamad: Zanzibari politician 2nd Chief Minister of Zanzibar.
- Robert Long: Dutch singer-songwriter and actor (d. 2006)
- Paul Zukofsky in Brooklyn: New York, USA; violinist (Cappricio).
- Jan Bont: Dutch-American film maker, a multimillionaire with his thriller hit movie "Speed" followed by "Twister." In 1996 he was working on "Godzilla" in an effort to make it a bigger attraction than "Jurassic Park."
- Allen James Coage: NYC, New York -- HW judo (1976 Olympics - Bronze Medalist)
- Robert Long [Leverman]: Dutch singer / actor (Vroeger Kon je Lachen)
- Josef Venantius von Woss: Composer, dies at 80.
- World War II: in the Second firestorm raid on Germany, the Royal Air Force conducts an air raid on the town of Kassel, killing 10,000 and rendering 150,000 homeless.
- WWII: The RAF delivers a highly destructive airstrike on the German industrial and population center of Kassel.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?