Tuesday 22 October 1957
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Wake Up Little Susie by The Everly Brothers.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
Nights of Cabiria, directed by Federico Fellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 October 1957!
Which were the important events of 22 October 1957 ?
- Henry Lauterbach: German jumper.
- Gerd Nagel: German high jumper.
- Chris Peppler: Japanese-American radio host.
- Jeff Barnd: American newscaster who joined NBC affiliate WBRE-TV as a reporter, and who became the morning co-anchor in 4/1989.
- Conrad Adenauer re-elected chancellor of West-Germany
- KJAC TV channel 4 in Port Arthur-Beaumont, TX (NBC) 1st broadcast
- Vietnam War: First United States casualties in Vietnam.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Everly Brothers - Wake Up Little Susie
- Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb
- Elvis Presley - Jailhouse Rock
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- Paul Anka - Diana
- Johnny Mathis - Chances Are
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- The Tune Weavers - Happy, Happy Birthday Baby
- The Bobbettes - Mr. Lee
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?