Monday 22 October 1962
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Derrick Waldroup and Gayle Stammer.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Monster Mash by Bobby (Boris) Pickett.
In UK Telstar by The Tornados was in the top 5 hits.
What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Alle meine Tiere.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 October 1962!
Which were the important events of 22 October 1962 ?
- Derrick Waldroup: Chicago, Illinois -- 198 lbs greco-roman wrestler (1996 Olympics).
- Gayle Stammer: Livermore, California -- Beach volleyballer (1996 Olympics).
- Huseyin Kenan Ayd?n: German politician.
- Bob Odenkirk: American actor and comedian (Mr.
- JFK addresses TV about Russian missile bases in Cuba
- JFK imposes naval blockade on Cuba, beginning missile crisis
- JFK receives Ugandan Premier Milton Obote
- In a televised speech, US President John F. Kennedy announces that U.S. spy planes have discovered Soviet missile bases in Cuba which would house medium-range missiles capable of striking a number of major cities in the United States. Kennedy announces that he is ordering a naval "quarantine" of Cuba to prevent Soviet ships from transporting any more offensive weapons to the island.
- Pacific Science Center opens at Seattle Center, Washington, USA.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 October 1962
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?