Thursday 22 October 1964
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Toby Mac and Manuel Aeschlimann.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Do Wah Diddy Diddy by Manfred Mann.
In UK Oh Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison was in the top 5 hits.
The Naked Kiss, directed by Samuel Fuller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching That Regis Philbin Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 October 1964!
Which were the important events of 22 October 1964 ?
- Toby Mac: American singer and songwriter.
- Manuel Aeschlimann: French politician who began his political career at the early age of 25, as a city councillor in Asnières-sur-Seine.
- Drazen Petrovic: Croatian-American basketball star of the New Jersey Nets, a huge hero to the people of Croatia, his homeland, as well as to basketball fans everywhere.
- John Rogers: American attorney and politician, Rogers holds degrees from Brandeis University and Suffolk Law School.
- tobyMac : Rapper.
- EMI rejects audition by High Numbers, they go on to become The Who
- French philosopher / Author Jean-Paul Sartre refuses Nobel prize
- Jean-Paul Sartre is awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature, but turns down the honor.
- Canada: A Multi-Party Parliamentary Committee selects the design which becomes the new official Flag of Canada.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 October 1964
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Manfred Mann - Do Wah Diddy Diddy
- Martha & the Vandellas - Dancing In The Street
- J. Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers - Last Kiss
- Gale Garnett - We'll Sing In The Sunshine
- Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman
- The Supremes - Baby Love
- Chad Stuart and Jeremy Clyde - A Summer Song
- Betty Everett - Let It Be Me
- The Beach Boys - When I Grow Up (To Be A Man)
- The Honeycombs - Have I The Right?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?