Thursday 22 October 1964
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Do Wah Diddy Diddy by Manfred Mann.
In UK Oh Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison was in the top 5 hits.
The Naked Kiss, directed by Samuel Fuller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 October 1964!
Which were the important events of 22 October 1964 ?
- Manuel Aeschlimann: French politician who began his political career at the early age of 25, as a city councillor in Asnières-sur-Seine.
- Toby Mac: American singer and songwriter.
- Mick Hill: English javelin thrower and coach.
- Dražen Petrović: Croatian basketball player (d. 1993).
- John Rogers: American attorney and politician, Rogers holds degrees from Brandeis University and Suffolk Law School.
- Drazen Petrovic: Croatian-American basketball star of the New Jersey Nets, a huge hero to the people of Croatia, his homeland, as well as to basketball fans everywhere. An outstanding player, he had a tremendous future in NBA when he was killed in a car crash in Munich, Germany, 6/07/1993, 6:20 PM.
- tobyMac : Rapper
- EMI rejects audition by High Numbers, they go on to become The Who
- French philosopher / Author Jean-Paul Sartre refuses Nobel prize
- Jean-Paul Sartre is awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature, but turns down the honor.
- Canada: A Multi-Party Parliamentary Committee selects the design which becomes the new official Flag of Canada.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - Baby Love
- Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman
- Manfred Mann - Do Wah Diddy Diddy
- Martha & the Vandellas - Dancing In The Street
- J. Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers - Last Kiss
- Gale Garnett - We'll Sing In The Sunshine
- Betty Everett - Let It Be Me
- The Honeycombs - Have I The Right?
- Chad Stuart and Jeremy Clyde - A Summer Song
- When I Grow Up (To Be A Man) - The Beach Boys
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 October 1964 and get them!