Saturday 22 October 1966
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Hogan and Yuri Arbachakov.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Reach Out I'll Be There by Four Tops.
In UK Distant Drums by Jim Reeves was in the top 5 hits.
The Fortune Cookie, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Cliff Dexter.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 October 1966!
Which were the important events of 22 October 1966 ?
- Richard Hogan: American plumber.
- Yuri Arbachakov: Russian-Japanese boxer.
- Valeria Golino: Naples, Italy -- Actress (Rain Man, Little Flames).
- Hewlett Johnson: Red Deacon of Canterbury.
- USSR launches Luna 12 for orbit around Moon
- The Supremes become the first all-female music group to attain a No. 1 selling album (The Supremes A' Go-Go).
- The Soviet Union launches Luna 12.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Four Tops - Reach Out I'll Be There
- ? (Question Mark) and the Mysterians - 96 Tears
- The Monkees - Last Train To Clarksville
- The Association - Cherish
- Count Five - Psychotic Reaction
- The Left Banke - Walk Away Renee
- Johnny Rivers - Poor Side Of Town
- Jimmy Ruffin - What Becomes Of The Brokenhearted
- Herman's Hermits - Dandy
- Eric Burdon and the Animals - See See Rider
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?