Wednesday 22 October 1969
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to I Can't Get Next To You by The Temptations.
In UK I'll Never Fall In Love Again by Bobbie Gentry was in the top 5 hits.
Marlowe, directed by Paul Bogart, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 October 1969!
Which were the important events of 22 October 1969 ?
- Cuty [Yumi] Suzuki: Kawaguchi, Japan -- Wrestler (Japan).
- Kevin Carrasco: San Pedro de Macoris, Dominican Republic -- Pitcher (Cin Reds).
- Hector Carrasco: Dominican baseball player.
- Héctor Carrasco: Dominican baseball player.
- Spike Jonze: American actor director producer and screenwriter.
- Helmut Lotti: Belgian "cross-over" singer, from opera to pop to the classics, known worldwide. His grandfather was the director of the Opera House and took young Helmut with him behind the scenes, exposing the boy to the world of music.
- Christophe Caze: French terrorist, the Chief of an Islamic terrorist ring in France, the Khaled Kerkal, and author of a number of the 1995 and 1996 attacks. A medical student, Caze had converted to Islam and became a terrorist. On 3/29/1996 police raided a house in Roubaix where members of this ring were hiding. Four burned bodies were discovered. Two individuals had managed to escape death, Caze and Lionel Dumont. While trying to escape, Caze was shot to death at about 11:45 AM and Dumont managed to get away.
- Tommy Edwards: American singer (Born 1922).
- KAPN-AM in Santa Barbara CA changes call letters to KDB-AM
- Paul McCartney denies rumors of his death
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Temptations - I Can't Get Next To You
- Sly & the Family Stone - Hot Fun In The Summertime
- The Archies - Sugar, Sugar
- Oliver - Jean
- Elvis Presley - Suspicious Minds
- Bobby Sherman - Little Woman
- The 5th Dimension - Wedding Bell Blues
- Smith - Baby It's You
- The Cuff Links - Tracy
- Lou Christie - I'm Gonna Make You Mine
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?