Friday 22 October 1971
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Maggie May by Rod Stewart.
In UK Maggie May / Reason To Believe by Rod Stewart was in the top 5 hits.
Women in Cages, directed by Gerry de Leon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Day Of The Jackal by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 October 1971!
Which were the important events of 22 October 1971 ?
- Amanda Coetzer: Hoopstad, South Africa -- Tennis star (1996 Aust semi).
- Georges Vandenbeusch: French catholic priest, he lost his parents who sank into the Mediterranean Sea with their unique child when he was 7 years old.
- Kornel David: Hungarian basketball player.
- Kornél Dávid: Hungarian basketball player.
- Budoy Marabiles: Filipino singer-songwriter (Junior Kilat).
- Anthony "Pig" Miller: NBA forward (LA Lakers, Atlanta Hawks)
- José Martínez: Spanish runner
- Mitchel van der Gaag: Dutch soccer player (PSV, Motherwell)
- Timothy Christopher Carswell: Christchurch, New Zealand -- Cyclist (1996 Olympics)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
- Donny Osmond - Go Away Little Girl
- Cher - Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves
- Isaac Hayes - Theme From Shaft
- Carpenters - Superstar
- The Osmonds - Yo-Yo
- Joan Baez - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
- Lee Michaels - Do You Know What I Mean
- Stevie Wonder - If You Really Love Me
- Stampeders - Sweet City Woman
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 October 1971 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?