Tuesday 22 October 1974
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Layla Harvest Roberts and Miroslav Satan.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Then Came You by Dionne Warwicke.
In UK Everything I Own by Ken Boothe was in the top 5 hits.
Airport 1975, directed by Jack Smight, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Weekend.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Qwak! or Tank.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 October 1974!
Which were the important events of 22 October 1974 ?
- Layla Harvest Roberts: Kealakekua, Hawaii -- Playmate (Oct, 1997).
- Miroslav Satan: Topolcany, Slovakia -- NHL left wing (Edmonton Oilers, Sabres).
- Giorgos Koltzos: Greek footballer.
- Tim Kinsella: American singer-songwriter (Cap'n Jazz Joan of Arc Owls Make Believe and Everyoned).
- Jeff McInnis: American NBA basketball player.
- Miroslav Šatan: Slovak ice hockey player
- Yanks trade Bobby Murcer to Giants for Bobby Bonds
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dionne Warwicke - Then Came You
- Stevie Wonder - You Haven't Done Nothin'
- Bachman-Turner Overdrive - You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet
- Carole King - Jazzman
- Elton John - The Bitch Is Back
- Bad Company - Can't Get Enough
- Tony Orlando and Dawn - Steppin' Out (Gonna Boogie Tonight)
- Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama
- Mac Davis - Stop And Smell The Roses
- The Osmonds - Love Me For A Reason
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?