Sunday 22 October 2006
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to SexyBack by Justin Timberlake.
In UK America by Razorlight was in the top 5 hits.
Perfume: The Story of a Murderer, directed by Tom Tykwer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while A Series of Unfortunate Events #13: The End by Lemony Snicket was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pride Fighting Championships.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing American Dragon: Jake Long – Attack of the Dark Dragon or Dawn of Mana.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 October 2006!
Which were the important events of 22 October 2006 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 October
- Arthur Hill: Saskatchewan, Canada -- Actor (Owen Marshall, Glitter).
- A Panama Canal expansion proposal is approved by 77.8% of voters in a National referendum held in Panama.
- Tropical Storm Paul is upgraded to a Category 1 hurricane and is threatening Baja California. (Reuters Alertnet)
- Mohammed Shahadeh, leader of the al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades terrorist organization in the Gaza Strip Bureij refugee camp, is shot to death outside his home. Fatah officials accuse members of Hamas of being behind the assassination. (BBC News)
- Alberto Fernandez, Director of Office of Press and Public Diplomacy in the Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs at the United States Department of State, apologises for saying the United States Government has shown ampquotarrogance and stupidityampquot in Iraq. (New York Times)
- Iraqi insurgency:
- Gunmen kill 15 police recruits and wound 25 south of the city of Baqouba in Iraq. (AP via ABC News America)
- Michael Schumacher, seven times Formula One World Champion, retires from the sport. (Canada.com)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 October 2006
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?