Wednesday 22 October 2008
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Womanizer by Britney Spears.
Role Models, directed by David Wain, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Brisingr by Christopher Paolini was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Review with Myles Barlow.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ai Space or Battlefield: Bad Company.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 October 2008!
Which were the important events of 22 October 2008 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 October
- Wachovia Corp reports a third-quarter loss of US$23.9 billion, a record quarterly deficit for a banking company in the global credit crisis.
- India launches its first unmanned lunar mission Chandrayaan-1.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation successfully launches the Chandrayaan-1 spacecraft on a lunar exploration mission.
- Global financial crisis: Hungary's currency and stock markets rise on the news that it will receive an international economic bailout package worth $25 billion from the IMF, European Union, and World Bank.
- Delta Air Lines merges with Northwest Airlines, forming the world's largest commercial carrier.
- Western donors pledge US$4.5 billion toward the rebuilding of Georgia, which suffered from damage inflicted during short war with Russia, South Ossetia and Abkhazia in August. (''The New York Times'')
- The Macau security law draft was unveiled it is based on the Article 23 of the Macau Basic Law, similar to the failed anti-subversion bill in Hong Kong based on Hong Kong Basic Law Article 23, which drew over 500,000 protesters in 2003. (''The Standard'')
- Three African trade blocs – COMESA, SADC, and the EAC – agree to merge to form a bloc consisting of 26 countries and 757 million people. (Xinhua)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?