Tuesday 22 September 1914
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Martha Scott and Esmond Snell.
The Virginian, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 September 1914!
Which were the important events of 22 September 1914 ?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- Saint Jonas
- RC Saints - It has been or still is the feast day of the following saints: Saints Digna & Emerita
- In Europe and in cities throughout the world, Car Free Day.
- Mali - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- Bulgaria - Independence Day 1908
- French Republican Calendar - Raisin (Grape) Day, first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saint Thomas of Villanueva
- Saint Sanctinus
- Saint Salaberga
- Saint Phocas
- Saint Maurice
- Saint Lolanus
- Saint Lioba
- Saint Lauto
- Autumnal equinox in the Northern hemisphere, Vernal equinox in the Southern hemisphere 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012 (by UT).
- Martha Scott: Jamesport, Missouri -- Actress (Dallas, Bionic Woman, Our Town).
- Esmond Snell: Salt Lake City Scientist.
- Alain-Fournier : French poet and journalist whose fame rests on one completed novel, "The Wanderer," 1913.
- 1 German submarine sinks 3 British ironclads, 1,459 die
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Something Seems Tingle-Ingling - Walter Van Brunt
- A Little Love, A Little Kiss - John McCormack
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?