Wednesday 22 September 1920
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Over the Hill to the Poorhouse, directed by Harry Millarde, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1920.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 September 1920!
Which were the important events of 22 September 1920 ?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- Saint Jonas
- RC Saints - It has been or still is the feast day of the following saints: Saints Digna & Emerita
- In Europe and in cities throughout the world, Car Free Day.
- Mali - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- Bulgaria - Independence Day 1908
- French Republican Calendar - Raisin (Grape) Day, first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saint Thomas of Villanueva
- Saint Sanctinus
- Saint Salaberga
- Saint Phocas
- Saint Maurice
- Saint Lolanus
- Saint Lioba
- Saint Lauto
- Autumnal equinox in the Northern hemisphere, Vernal equinox in the Southern hemisphere 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012 (by UT).
- Ismay Thomas: Teacher.
- William H Riker: American political scientist (d. 1993).
- Paolo Todeschini: Italian soccer/football player and team manager, with a career spanning over 40 years.
- Eric Baker: English activist co-founded Amnesty International (d. 1976).
- Anders Lassen: Danish-English soldier Victoria Cross recipient (d. 1945).
- Bob Lemon: Pitcher (Cleveland Indians) / manager (New York Yankees, 1978)
- William Riker: American political scientist and academic (d. 1993)
- Chicago grand jury convenes to investigate charges that 8 White Sox players conspired to fix the 1919 World Series
- The Flying Squad is formed in the London Metropolitan Police.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?