Saturday 22 September 1934
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Judge Priest, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 September 1934!
Which were the important events of 22 September 1934 ?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- Saint Jonas
- RC Saints - It has been or still is the feast day of the following saints: Saints Digna & Emerita
- In Europe and in cities throughout the world, Car Free Day.
- Mali - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- Bulgaria - Independence Day 1908
- French Republican Calendar - Raisin (Grape) Day, first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saint Thomas of Villanueva
- Saint Sanctinus
- Saint Salaberga
- Saint Phocas
- Saint Maurice
- Saint Lolanus
- Saint Lioba
- Saint Lauto
- Autumnal equinox in the Northern hemisphere, Vernal equinox in the Southern hemisphere 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012 (by UT).
- Jack McGregor: American captain lawyer and politician.
- Lute Olson: American basketball player and coach.
- T Somasekaram: Sri Lankan geographer and politician 37th Surveyor General of Sri Lanka (d. 2010).
- An explosion takes place at Gresford Colliery in Wales, leading to the deaths of 266 miners and rescuers.
- Afghanistan joins the League of Nations.
- A trial for the custody of young Gloria Vanderbilt begins it lasts seven weeks and ends with a compromise.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?