Tuesday 22 September 1942
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Sherlock Holmes and the Voice of Terror, directed by John Rawlins, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 September 1942!
Which were the important events of 22 September 1942 ?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- Saint Jonas
- RC Saints - It has been or still is the feast day of the following saints: Saints Digna & Emerita
- In Europe and in cities throughout the world, Car Free Day.
- Mali - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- Bulgaria - Independence Day 1908
- French Republican Calendar - Raisin (Grape) Day, first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saint Thomas of Villanueva
- Saint Sanctinus
- Saint Salaberga
- Saint Phocas
- Saint Maurice
- Saint Lolanus
- Saint Lioba
- Saint Lauto
- Autumnal equinox in the Northern hemisphere, Vernal equinox in the Southern hemisphere 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012 (by UT).
- Candida Green: Irish-English journalist and author (d. 2014).
- Wu Ma: Chinese actor director producer and screenwriter (d. 2014).
- George Rupp: American theologian and academic.
- Rubén Gómez: Colombian cardinal.
- Marlena Shaw: American singer.
- David Stern: American basketball commissioner
- David J Stern: NBA commissioner (1984- )
- Dick Pickering: Trade unionist
- William C Nelson: Rep / Astronaut (STS 24)
- Meulenberg robs of church bells
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?