Friday 22 September 1944
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Tanner and Brian Gibson.
Tall in the Saddle, directed by Edwin L. Marin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
On TV people were watching Gillette Cavalcade of Sports.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 September 1944!
Which were the important events of 22 September 1944 ?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- Saint Jonas
- RC Saints - It has been or still is the feast day of the following saints: Saints Digna & Emerita
- In Europe and in cities throughout the world, Car Free Day.
- Mali - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- Bulgaria - Independence Day 1908
- French Republican Calendar - Raisin (Grape) Day, first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saint Thomas of Villanueva
- Saint Sanctinus
- Saint Salaberga
- Saint Phocas
- Saint Maurice
- Saint Lolanus
- Saint Lioba
- Saint Lauto
- Autumnal equinox in the Northern hemisphere, Vernal equinox in the Southern hemisphere 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012 (by UT).
Famous Birthdays:22 September
- "Cab" Calloway: British scout, dies in battle of Oosterbeek.
- Operation Market Garden: Polish paratroopers land at Driel
- US troops land on Ulithi
- Boulogne reoccupied by Allies.
- World War II: the Red Army enters Tallinn.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 September 1944
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1944 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Helen Forrest & Dick Haymes - It Had To Be You
- And Her Tears Flowed Like Wine - Stan Kenton & His Orchestra (Vocal Anita O'Day)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?