Monday 22 September 1952
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert W Goodlatte and MR Sukhumbhand Paribatra.
The Crimson Pirate, directed by Robert Siodmak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Four Star Playhouse.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 September 1952!
Which were the important events of 22 September 1952 ?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- Saint Jonas
- RC Saints - It has been or still is the feast day of the following saints: Saints Digna & Emerita
- In Europe and in cities throughout the world, Car Free Day.
- Mali - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- Bulgaria - Independence Day 1908
- French Republican Calendar - Raisin (Grape) Day, first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saint Thomas of Villanueva
- Saint Sanctinus
- Saint Salaberga
- Saint Phocas
- Saint Maurice
- Saint Lolanus
- Saint Lioba
- Saint Lauto
- Autumnal equinox in the Northern hemisphere, Vernal equinox in the Southern hemisphere 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012 (by UT).
- Robert W Goodlatte: (Rep-R-Virginia).
- MR Sukhumbhand Paribatra: Thai politician, current Governor of Bangkok.
- Marie Blandin: French politician, biology teacher, green party leader, former Greenpeace activist; President of the North Confederation, Pas de Calais.
- Bob Goodlatte: American lawyer and politician.
- Gary Holton: English singer-songwriter and actor (Heavy Metal Kids) (d. 1985).
- Paul Le Mat: American actor
- : Zimbabwean singer-songwriter and actor
- Sukhumbhand Paribatra: Thai political scientist and politician 15th Governor of Bangkok
- Kaarlo Juho Stahlberg: first President of Finland (Born 1865).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?