Monday 22 September 1958
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare) by Domenico Modugno.
In UK When by The Kalin Twins was in the top 5 hits.
Damn Yankees!, directed by George Abbott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 September 1958!
Which were the important events of 22 September 1958 ?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- Saint Jonas
- RC Saints - It has been or still is the feast day of the following saints: Saints Digna & Emerita
- In Europe and in cities throughout the world, Car Free Day.
- Mali - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- Bulgaria - Independence Day 1908
- French Republican Calendar - Raisin (Grape) Day, first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saint Thomas of Villanueva
- Saint Sanctinus
- Saint Salaberga
- Saint Phocas
- Saint Maurice
- Saint Lolanus
- Saint Lioba
- Saint Lauto
- Autumnal equinox in the Northern hemisphere, Vernal equinox in the Southern hemisphere 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012 (by UT).
- Vasili Yuriyevich Lukiyanyuk: Russian Cosmonaut.
- Tim Miller: American gay performance artist, political activist, teacher, Along with three other artists in the "NEA Four" he won a Supreme Court action against the first Bush government after it had withdrawn their National Endowment for the Arts funding because of the supposedly controversial content of their artworks.
- Joan Jett: American rock guitarist, singer, songwriter, producer and occasional actress, best known for her work with Joan Jett & the Blackhearts.
- Neil Cavuto: American television commentator.
- Mireille Deyglun: Canadian actress who is the daughter of Quebec actors Henry Deyglun and Janine Sutto.
- Christian Dozzler: Austrian-American singer-songwriter
- Catherine Deyglun: Canadian newsmaker, the twin sister of actress Mirielle Deyglun and the daughter of Quebec actors Henry Deyglun and Janine Sutto. Catherine had Down syndrome (DS), also known as Down's syndrome and trisomy 21, which is a genetic disorder caused by the presence of all or part of a third copy of chromosome 21.
- Lynn Herring: American model and actress Miss Virginia USA 1977
- Mark Patton: American actor
- Andrea Bocelli: Italian singer who has cut an unusual swath through a unique path, becoming a pop star without radio and a chart-topping lyric tenor virtually without singing opera. His CD "Romanza" 1997, is an album of emotional ballads, but in his stadium concerts his voice soars in grand opera. Seen often on TV, he cannot envision doing movies, and he is a romantic figure though pushing middle age. In the last six years his records have sold some 20 million copies yet he is up for a Grammy as Best New Artist
- KTVK TV channel 3 in Phoenix, AZ (ABC) begins broadcasting
- US nuclear sub USS Skate remains 31 days under Pole (record)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Domenico Modugno - Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare)
- The Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- The Elegants - Little Star
- Bobby Day - Rock-In Robin
- Jimmy Clanton - Just A Dream
- Little Anthony and the Imperials - Tears On My Pillow
- Robin Luke - Susie Darlin'
- Poni-Tails - Born Too Late
- The Everly Brothers - Devoted To You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?