Tuesday 22 September 1959
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Greg Bruckner and Pope Michael.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Sleep Walk by Santo and Johnny.
In UK Only Sixteen by Craig Douglas was in the top 5 hits.
The Magician, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hennesey.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 September 1959!
Which were the important events of 22 September 1959 ?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- Saint Jonas
- RC Saints - It has been or still is the feast day of the following saints: Saints Digna & Emerita
- In Europe and in cities throughout the world, Car Free Day.
- Mali - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- Bulgaria - Independence Day 1908
- French Republican Calendar - Raisin (Grape) Day, first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saint Thomas of Villanueva
- Saint Sanctinus
- Saint Salaberga
- Saint Phocas
- Saint Maurice
- Saint Lolanus
- Saint Lioba
- Saint Lauto
- Autumnal equinox in the Northern hemisphere, Vernal equinox in the Southern hemisphere 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012 (by UT).
- Greg Bruckner: Inglewood, California -- Nike golfer (1992 New England Classic).
- Pope Michael: American anti-pope.
- Tai Babilonia: American figure skater and talk show host.
- Saul Perlmutter: American astrophysicist astronomer and academic Nobel Prize Laureate.
- Josef Matthais Hauer: Composer, dies at 76.
- Chicago White Sox clinch the American League pennant.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Santo and Johnny - Sleep Walk
- The Browns - The Three Bells
- Lloyd Price - I'm Gonna Get Married
- The Everly Brothers - ('Til) I Kissed You
- Phil Phillips - Sea Of Love
- Johnny and the Hurricanes - Red River Rock
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- Sarah Vaughan - Broken-Hearted Melody
- Fats Domino - I Want To Walk You Home
- Paul Anka - Put Your Head On My Shoulder
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?