Wednesday 22 September 1965
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Eve Of Destruction by Barry McGuire.
In UK (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
Les vampires, directed by Louis Feuillade, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 September 1965!
Which were the important events of 22 September 1965 ?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- Saint Jonas
- RC Saints - It has been or still is the feast day of the following saints: Saints Digna & Emerita
- In Europe and in cities throughout the world, Car Free Day.
- Mali - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- Bulgaria - Independence Day 1908
- French Republican Calendar - Raisin (Grape) Day, first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saint Thomas of Villanueva
- Saint Sanctinus
- Saint Salaberga
- Saint Phocas
- Saint Maurice
- Saint Lolanus
- Saint Lioba
- Saint Lauto
- Autumnal equinox in the Northern hemisphere, Vernal equinox in the Southern hemisphere 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012 (by UT).
- Dan Bucatinsky: American actor director producer and screenwriter.
- Andy Cairns: Irish singer-songwriter and guitarist (Therapy?).
- Andrii Deshchytsia: Ukrainian politician and diplomat Ukrainian Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- Tony Drago: Maltese snooker player.
- Mark Guthrie: Buffalo, New York -- Pitcher (LA Dodgers).
- Robert Satcher: American physician engineer and astronaut
- India and Pakistan ceases-fire goes into effect
- The Indo-Pakistani War of 1965 (also known as the Second Kashmir War) between India and Pakistan over Kashmir, ends after the UN calls for a cease-fire.
- Radio Peking announces that Indian troops have dismantled their equipment on the Chinese side of the border.
- Fighting resumes between Indian and Pakistani troops.
- The British governor of Aden cancels the constitution and takes direct control of the protectorate, due to the bad security situation.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Help!
- The McCoys - Hang On Sloopy
- Barry McGuire - Eve Of Destruction
- Bob Dylan - Like A Rolling Stone
- We Five - You Were On My Mind
- Dave Clark Five - Catch Us If You Can
- Ramsey Lewis Trio - The In Crowd
- The Turtles - It Ain't Me Babe
- The Yardbirds - Heart Full Of Soul
- Sonny - Laugh At Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 September 1965 and get them!