Tuesday 22 September 1970
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eric L Blount and Greg Huntington.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Ain't No Mountain High Enough by Diana Ross.
In UK Tears Of A Clown by Smokey Robinson & The Miracles was in the top 5 hits.
Tora! Tora! Tora!, directed by Richard Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Menace.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 September 1970!
Which were the important events of 22 September 1970 ?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- Saint Jonas
- RC Saints - It has been or still is the feast day of the following saints: Saints Digna & Emerita
- In Europe and in cities throughout the world, Car Free Day.
- Mali - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- Bulgaria - Independence Day 1908
- French Republican Calendar - Raisin (Grape) Day, first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saint Thomas of Villanueva
- Saint Sanctinus
- Saint Salaberga
- Saint Phocas
- Saint Maurice
- Saint Lolanus
- Saint Lioba
- Saint Lauto
- Autumnal equinox in the Northern hemisphere, Vernal equinox in the Southern hemisphere 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012 (by UT).
- Eric L Blount: CFL running back (Edmonton Eskimos).
- Greg Huntington: NFL guard (Jacksonville Jaguars).
- Prince Wimbley: CFL slot back (Hamilton Tiger Cats).
- Emmanuel Petit: French soccer player, a super champ with his scoring of the third goal in the World Cup final on 7/12/1998, St. Denis, France.
- Chris Tallman: TV Actor.
- Mystikal : American rapper
- Mike Matheny: Columbus, Ohio -- Catcher (Milwaukee Brewers)
- Hitro Okesene: New Zealand rugby player and coach
- Rupert Penry-Jones: English actor
- President Nixon requests 1,000 new FBI agents for college campuses
- US President Richard Nixon requests 1,000 new FBI agents for college campuses.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
- Edwin Starr - War
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Lookin' Out My Back Door
- Clarence Carter - Patches
- Bobby Sherman - Julie, Do Ya Love Me
- Neil Diamond - Cracklin' Rosie
- Dawn - Candida
- Anne Murray - Snowbird
- Rare Earth - (I Know) I'm Losing You
- Chicago - 25 Or 6 To 4
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?