Thursday 22 September 1983
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Shirley Canoletti and Mamrie Hart.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Tell Her About It by Billy Joel.
In UK Red Red Wine by UB40 was in the top 5 hits.
The Big Chill, directed by Lawrence Kasdan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Poland by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Give us a Break.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Buzz Bombers or Chequered Flag.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 September 1983!
Which were the important events of 22 September 1983 ?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- Saint Jonas
- RC Saints - It has been or still is the feast day of the following saints: Saints Digna & Emerita
- In Europe and in cities throughout the world, Car Free Day.
- Mali - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- Bulgaria - Independence Day 1908
- French Republican Calendar - Raisin (Grape) Day, first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saint Thomas of Villanueva
- Saint Sanctinus
- Saint Salaberga
- Saint Phocas
- Saint Maurice
- Saint Lolanus
- Saint Lioba
- Saint Lauto
- Autumnal equinox in the Northern hemisphere, Vernal equinox in the Southern hemisphere 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012 (by UT).
- Shirley Canoletti: Brazilian model who was eighth born of eight girls.
- Mamrie Hart: YouTube Star.
- Will Farquarson: Guitarist.
- Rianti Cartwright: Indonesian actress model and presenter.
- Eriko Imai: Japanese singer (Speed).
- Şeref Tüfenk: Turkish wrestler
- Everly Brothers reunite after 10 years (Royal Albert Hall)
- NASA launches Galaxy-B.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Billy Joel - Tell Her About It
- Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart
- Men Without Hats - The Safety Dance
- Michael Sembello - Maniac
- Air Supply - Making Love Out Of Nothing At All
- Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)
- Michael Jackson - Human Nature
- Taco - Puttin' On The Ritz
- Stray Cats - (She's) Sexy + 17
- Asia - Don't Cry
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?