Saturday 22 September 1984
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Missing You by John Waite.
In UK I Just Called To Say I Love You by Stevie Wonder was in the top 5 hits.
Ninja III: The Domination, directed by Sam Firstenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while The Fourth Protocol by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1984.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 September 1984!
Which were the important events of 22 September 1984 ?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- Saint Jonas
- RC Saints - It has been or still is the feast day of the following saints: Saints Digna & Emerita
- In Europe and in cities throughout the world, Car Free Day.
- Mali - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- Bulgaria - Independence Day 1908
- French Republican Calendar - Raisin (Grape) Day, first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saint Thomas of Villanueva
- Saint Sanctinus
- Saint Salaberga
- Saint Phocas
- Saint Maurice
- Saint Lolanus
- Saint Lioba
- Saint Lauto
- Autumnal equinox in the Northern hemisphere, Vernal equinox in the Southern hemisphere 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012 (by UT).
- Eduardo Rubio: Chilean footballer.
- Thiago Silva: Soccer Player.
- Laura Vandervoort: Canadian actress.
- Lazar Angelov: Bodybuilder.
- Godfrey Gao: Model.
- Theresa Fu: Chinese singer and actress (Cookies)
- Ross Jarman: English drummer and songwriter (The Cribs)
- Brussels Princess Astrid marries Archduke Lorenz of Austrian-Este
- Disney's board of directors meets to vote on filling executive positions. They vote unanimously to hire Michael Eisner as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, replacing Ray Watson, and Frank Wells as President and Chief Operating Officer. Eisner's contract gives him US$750,000 per year, US$750,000 signing bonus, annual bonus two percent above company net growth of nine percent, and over two million share options at US$14.359 each. Wells' contract gives him US$400,000 per year, US$250,000
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?