Sunday 22 September 1985
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Money For Nothing by Dire Straits.
In UK Dancing In The Street by David Bowie & Mick Jagger was in the top 5 hits.
Ran, directed by Akira Kurosawa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Lake Wobegon Days by Garrison Keillor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1985.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 September 1985!
Which were the important events of 22 September 1985 ?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- Saint Jonas
- RC Saints - It has been or still is the feast day of the following saints: Saints Digna & Emerita
- In Europe and in cities throughout the world, Car Free Day.
- Mali - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- Bulgaria - Independence Day 1908
- French Republican Calendar - Raisin (Grape) Day, first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saint Thomas of Villanueva
- Saint Sanctinus
- Saint Salaberga
- Saint Phocas
- Saint Maurice
- Saint Lolanus
- Saint Lioba
- Saint Lauto
- Autumnal equinox in the Northern hemisphere, Vernal equinox in the Southern hemisphere 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012 (by UT).
- Matteo Cavagna: Italian footballer.
- Rima Fakih: Lebanese-American model and wrestler Miss USA 2010.
- Faris Haroun: Belgian footballer.
- Jamie Mackie: Scottish footballer.
- Ibragim Todashev: Russian-American mixed martial artist (d. 2013).
- Tatiana Maslany: TV Actress
- Axel Springer: German media mogul, journalist and publisher.
- 37th Emmy Awards: Cagney and Lacey, Cosby Show and Tyne Daly win
- Earthquake strikes Mexico, 2,000 killed
- France Premier confesses on attack of Rainbow Warrior
- St. Louis Cardinals set an unusual streak record by winning 9 of 10 games, each pitched by a different man
- Val Skinner wins LPGA Konica San Jose Golf Classic
- Plaza Accord is signed by five nations.
- Michael Spinks beats Larry Holmes to become Heavyweight Boxing Champ. First time a light heavyweight defeats the reigning heavyweight champion.
- Rock and country musicians participate in FarmAid in Champaign, Illinois.
- The Plaza Accord is signed by five nations.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dire Straits - Money For Nothing
- Kool & The Gang - Cherish
- John Parr - St. Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion)
- Tina Turner - We Don't Need Another Hero
- Phil Collins - Don't Lose My Number
- Wham! - Freedom
- Prince - Pop Life
- Huey Lewis & The News - Power Of Love
- Ready For The World - Oh Sheila
- Madonna - Dress You Up
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?