Friday 22 September 2006
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to SexyBack by Justin Timberlake.
In UK I Don't Feel Like Dancin' by Scissor Sisters was in the top 5 hits.
The Fountain, directed by Darren Aronofsky, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while 6 Rainier Drive by Debbie Macomber was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Game One.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dance Dance Revolution DVD Game or DarkOrbit.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 September 2006!
Which were the important events of 22 September 2006 ?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- Saint Jonas
- RC Saints - It has been or still is the feast day of the following saints: Saints Digna & Emerita
- In Europe and in cities throughout the world, Car Free Day.
- Mali - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- Bulgaria - Independence Day 1908
- French Republican Calendar - Raisin (Grape) Day, first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saint Thomas of Villanueva
- Saint Sanctinus
- Saint Salaberga
- Saint Phocas
- Saint Maurice
- Saint Lolanus
- Saint Lioba
- Saint Lauto
- Autumnal equinox in the Northern hemisphere, Vernal equinox in the Southern hemisphere 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012 (by UT).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 September
- The U.S. military officially retires the F-14 Tomcat, famous from the movie ''Top Gun''. (AP)
- Patricia Dunn announces her resignation as Hewlett-Packard's chairman and board member, following a pretexting scandal. Mark Hurd has replaced Dunn as chairman of the company, effective immediately. (WSJ)
- Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert ranks fifth (7% support) in an Israeli poll of potential prime ministers. (JTA)
- Thousands riot in Central Sulawesi, Indonesia, following the execution of three Christian militants found guilty of taking part in an attack on a Muslim boarding school. (Reuters)
- Richard Hammond is released from intensive care and is walking and talking after a car crash whilst filming for the BBC show, ''Top Gear''. (News Limited/Reuters)
- The reported number of people fallen ill after eating tainted spinach reaches 166 in 25 U.S. states. (CDC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?