Monday 22 September 2008
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to So What by Pink.
Martyrs, directed by Pascal Laugier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 September 2008!
Which were the important events of 22 September 2008 ?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- Saint Jonas
- RC Saints - It has been or still is the feast day of the following saints: Saints Digna & Emerita
- In Europe and in cities throughout the world, Car Free Day.
- Mali - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- Bulgaria - Independence Day 1908
- French Republican Calendar - Raisin (Grape) Day, first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saint Thomas of Villanueva
- Saint Sanctinus
- Saint Salaberga
- Saint Phocas
- Saint Maurice
- Saint Lolanus
- Saint Lioba
- Saint Lauto
- Autumnal equinox in the Northern hemisphere, Vernal equinox in the Southern hemisphere 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012 (by UT).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 September
- Thomas Doerflein: German Zookeeper (Born 1963).
- Microsoft unveils plans to spend US$40 billion buying back its shares from investors, the biggest single buy-back plan in history.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average removes American International Group from its index, replacing it with Kraft Foods.
- Herman Simm, a former head of security at the Estonian Defense Ministry, and his wife Heete Simm, who works as a lawyer at Estonia's National Police Board, are arrested on suspicion of spying for Russia. (''The International Herald Tribune'')
- Four people die in Puerto Rico as a result of heavy rains. (AP via Fox News)
- South Africa's ruling African National Congress party names deputy president Kgalema Motlanthe as the successor to President Thabo Mbeki. (Bloomberg News)
- More than 18,000 archived radio programs are indefinitely lost after the main computer server at Sweden's National Radio crashed last month. (Resume)
- Edward Natapei is elected the new Prime Minister of Vanuatu following the 2008 general elections replacing Ham Lini. (''The International Herald Tribune'')
- 15 people, including 11 foreign nationals, are kidnapped near Aswan in southern Egypt. (BBC News)
- The Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 is debated on by the 110th United States Congress. (''The New York Times'')
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average falls by 370 points due to uncertainty over the plan. (''The New York Times'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2008 ?
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?