Thursday 22 September 2011
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5.
Killer Elite, directed by Gary McKendry, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Help by Kathryn Stockett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 September 2011!
Which were the important events of 22 September 2011 ?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- Saint Jonas
- RC Saints - It has been or still is the feast day of the following saints: Saints Digna & Emerita
- In Europe and in cities throughout the world, Car Free Day.
- Mali - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- Bulgaria - Independence Day 1908
- French Republican Calendar - Raisin (Grape) Day, first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saint Thomas of Villanueva
- Saint Sanctinus
- Saint Salaberga
- Saint Phocas
- Saint Maurice
- Saint Lolanus
- Saint Lioba
- Saint Lauto
- Autumnal equinox in the Northern hemisphere, Vernal equinox in the Southern hemisphere 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012 (by UT).
- At least five people are killed in a bus bombing in Pakistan's Bajaur Agency. (Xinhua)
- World stock markets plunge amid growing global fears of recession. (Sky News)
- Facebook makes major changes to its social networking interface, updating its profile page, adding an app store, and amending its news feed with a ampquottimelineampquot feature. (MSNBC)
- Hewlett-Packard fires CEO Leo Apotheker, replacing him with former EBay CEO Meg Whitman. (''Wall Street Journal'' via ''The Australian'')
- Typhoon Roke passes through the Japanese island of Honshu, causing 13 deaths, and arrives in Hokkaido. (AP via ABC News America)
- At least four people are killed and 18 injured in a factory fire in the suburb of Dombivli in the Indian city of Mumbai. (IBN Live)
- Heavy floods and related disasters across China, especially in the drainage basin of the Han River and Wei River, leave 90 dead and 22 missing. (AFP via Google)
- 2011 Pacific hurricane season: Hurricane Hilary reaches category-three strength off the coast of Mexico, but is not expected to make landfall. (NHC)
- The Anniston Chemical Activity destroys its last mustard gas shells, becoming the fifth of 9 U.S. depots to close under terms of the Chemical Weapons Treaty. (''Anniston Star'')
- Pope Benedict XVI commences a state visit to Germany. (''The Telegraph'')
- The People's Republic of China warns the United States over its proposed sale of newer versions of the General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon to Taiwan. (Reuters)
- The United States and European nations walk out of the General Assembly of the United Nations during an accusatory speech by the President of Iran, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. (AFP via ''The Australian'')
- The Federal Bureau of Investigation arrests suspected members of the computer hacking groups Lulzsec and Anonymous in the US cities of Phoenix, Arizona and San Francisco, California. (Fox News)
- The first President of Cape Verde, Aristides Pereira, dies in Portugal at the age of 87. (''Washington Post'')
- The Italian Chamber of Deputies rejects a request to arrest Marco Milanese, a former aide to the Minister of Economy and Finance, Giulio Tremonti, on corruption charges. (Bloomberg)
- Tens of thousands of students protest in the Chilean capital Santiago for increased education expenditure. (AP)
- Former television journalist Shelly Yachimovich is elected as the head of the Israeli Labor Party. (AP via Yahoo News)
- CERN researchers affiliated with the OPERA Experiment report experimental results that appear to show neutrinos exceeding the speed of light. (BBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 September 2011 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?