Saturday 23 April 1910
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Othello, directed by Ugo Falena, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1910!
Which were the important events of 23 April 1910 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
- International Exhibition opens in Brussels.
- Theodore Roosevelt made his The Man in the Arena speech.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1910 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Faust - Mon Coeur Est Penetre Depouvante! (My Heart is Torn with Grief) - Enrico Caruso & Geraldine Farrar
- Some Day, Melinda - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- It's Moonlight All the Time on Broadway - Billy Murray
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in April 1910?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 April 1910 and get them!