Sunday 23 April 1911
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ronald Neame director (first Monday in October and Simone Simon.
The Fatal Wedding, directed by Raymond Longford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1911!
Which were the important events of 23 April 1911 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1911 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Gee, But It's Great to Meet a Friend from Your Home Town - Billy Murray
- John McCormack - Drink to Me Only with Thine Eyes
- Put Your Arms Around Me, Honey - That Girl Quartet
- Neath the Southern Moon - Merle Tillotson
- The Moonlight, the Rose, and You - Frank Stanley & Henry Burr
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in April 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?