Monday 23 April 1917
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jacob Kistemaker and Renée Lebas.
Cheerful Givers, directed by Paul Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1917!
Which were the important events of 23 April 1917 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
- Jacob Kistemaker: nuclear physicist (ultra centrifuge).
- Renée Lebas: French singer and music producer.
- Dorian Leigh: American model, one of the earliest modelling icons of the fashion industry.
- Tony Lupien: American baseball player and coach (d. 2004).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- There's a Long, Long Trail - James F. Harrison & James Reed
- Where the Black-Eyed Susans Grow - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- The Nightingale Song - Lucy Gates
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?