Saturday 23 April 1921
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Janet Blair and Warren Spahn.
Prometheus, directed by August Blom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1921.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1921!
Which were the important events of 23 April 1921 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
- Janet Blair: American actress, a professional violinist prior to her film debut in 1941 in "Three Girls About Town.
- Warren Spahn: American all-star baseball pitcher who led the National League with strikeouts and no-hit games for the majority of his baseball career.
- de MONTREYNAUD Jean Dubois: Mourmelon le Grand physician.
- Cleto Bellucci: Italian archbishop (d. 2013).
- Charles Paddock runs world record 100 metre (10.4 seconds).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1921 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Marion Harris - Look for the Silver Lining
- Bright Eyes - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?