Wednesday 23 April 1924
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Sherlock Jr., directed by Buster Keaton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1924!
Which were the important events of 23 April 1924 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
- Ruth Leuwerik: Germany Actor.
- Colin Welch: Columnist / critic.
- James Colin Ross Welch: Journalist.
- Chuck Harmon: American baseball player and scout.
- Bobby Rosengarden: American drummer and bandleader (d. 2007).
- Arthur Frackenpohl in Irving: New Jersey, USA; composer (Natural Superiority of Music).
- Malcolm Anson CEO (Wessex Water Authority: England).
- British Empire Exhibition opens at Wembley.
- British Empire Exhibition opens. It was the largest colonial exhibition with 58 countries of the empire dramatically represented.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1924 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- A Smile Will Go a Long, Long Way - Ted Weems & His Orchestra
- The One I Love Belongs to Somebody Else - Ray Miller & His Orchestra
- Twelve O'Clock at Night - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Someone Loves You After All - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Shanghai Lullaby - Art Kahn & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 April 1924 and get them!