Tuesday 23 April 1935
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Mark of the Vampire, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1935.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1935!
Which were the important events of 23 April 1935 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
- David Evans: MP.
- Franco Citti: Italian actor, who came to fame at the age of 26, playing the title role in Pier Paolo Pasolini's film "Accattone.
- Bunky Green: American saxophonist and educator.
- Pierre Dufour: French criminal, a pedophile priest.
- The Polish Constitution of 1935 is adopted.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?