Sunday 23 April 1944
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Two Girls and a Sailor, directed by Richard Thorpe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1944!
Which were the important events of 23 April 1944 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
- Jean-François Stévenin: French actor who has appeared in 150 films and television shows since 1968.
- Sandra Dee [Alexandra Zuck] in Bayonne: New Jersey, USA; actress (Gidget, A Summer Place, Tammy and the Doctor, Imitation of Life).
- Niklaus Schilling: Basel, Germany -- Director (Dormire, Atem, Rheingold).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1944 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Bing Crosby - I'll Be Seeing You
- Besame Mucho - Andy Russell
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 April 1944 and get them!