Saturday 23 April 1960
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to The Theme From A Summer Place by Percy Faith.
In UK My Old Man's A Dustman by Lonnie Donegan was in the top 5 hits.
The Fugitive Kind, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1960!
Which were the important events of 23 April 1960 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
- Valerie Bertinelli: TV Actress.
- Valerie Bertinelli in Wilmington: Delaware, USA; actress (One Day at a Time, Sydney).
- Joseph Martin Mudd in Louisville: Kentucky, USA; PGA golfer (1988 Federal Express).
- Steve Clark in Hillsborough: England; rock guitarist (Def Leppard - "Hysteria").
- Steve Clark: English guitarist (Def Leppard - "Hysteria"), dies at age 30 (born 1960).
- Barry Douglas: Irish pianist and conductor
- Léo Jaime: Brazilian singer-songwriter guitarist and actor (João Penca e Seus Miquinhos Amestrados)
- Claude Julien: Canadian ice hockey player and coach
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?