Monday 23 April 1962
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Good Luck Charm by Elvis Presley.
In UK Wonderful Land by The Shadows was in the top 5 hits.
A Taste of Honey, directed by Tony Richardson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1962!
Which were the important events of 23 April 1962 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
- Shaun Spiers: English businessman and politician.
- John Hannah: Scottish actor seen in "Four Weddings and a Funeral" as well as the lead in the TV series "McCallum.
- Stirling Moss: auto racer, killed while racing at age 32.
- 1st US satellite to reach the moon launched
- Ranger 4, first US satellite to reach Moon, launched from Cape Canaveral.
- New York Mets win their first game ever, after going 0-9, beat Pittsburgh Pirates 9-1.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - Good Luck Charm
- Shelley Fabares - Johnny Angel
- Dee Dee Sharp - Mashed Potato Time
- The Shirelles - Soldier Boy
- Chubby Checker - Slow Twistin'
- Rick Nelson - Young World
- Mr. Acker Bilk - Stranger On The Shore
- Clyde McPhatter - Lover Please
- Joey Dee and the Starliters - Shout - Part 1
- Twist, Twist Senora - Gary U.S. Bonds
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?