Thursday 23 April 1964
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dan Frischman in Whippany and Gen [Simon Matthews].
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Can't Buy Me Love by The Beatles.
The Horror of Party Beach, directed by Del Tenney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Slim Callaghan greift ein.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1964!
Which were the important events of 23 April 1964 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
- Dan Frischman in Whippany: New Jersey, USA; actor (Arvid Engen - Head of the Class).
- Gen [Simon Matthews]: English pop drummer (Jesus Jones-Zeroes & Ones).
- Martin Lopez-Zubero: Spanish backstroke swimmer (world record 200 metre).
- Gianandrea Noseda: Italian pianist and conductor.
- New York State Theater opens.
- Houston Colt 45s' Ken Johnson becomes first major league pitcher to lose a 9-inning no-hitter, Cincinnati Reds win 1-0.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 April 1964
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love
- The Beatles - Twist And Shout
- The Beatles - Do You Want To Know A Secret
- Louis Armstrong - Hello, Dolly!
- Terry Stafford - Suspicion
- The Dave Clark Five - Glad All Over
- The Dave Clark Five - Bits And Pieces
- The Serendipity Singers - Don't Let The Rain Come Down (Crooked Little Man)
- Mary Wells - My Guy
- Jan & Dean - Dead Man's Curve
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?