Friday 23 April 1971
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Joy To The World by Three Dog Night.
In UK Hot Love by T Rex was in the top 5 hits.
The Big Doll House, directed by Jack Hill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Passions Of The Mind by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1971!
Which were the important events of 23 April 1971 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
- Chuck Adams in Pacific Palisades: California, USA; tennis star (1989 USTA Boys).
- Uli Herzner: German-American fashion designer.
- Charmaine Sinclair: English porn actress and model.
- William Tubman: Liberian lawyer and politician 19th President of Liberia (d. 1971).
- Soyuz 10 launched; Cosmonauts become 1st in Salyut 1 space station
- Columbia University operations virtually end, by student strike.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
- Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
- Ocean - Put Your Hand In The Hand
- Jackson 5 - Never Can Say Goodbye
- Paul McCartney - Another Day
- Neil Diamond - I Am.. I Said
- The Temptations - Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)
- Bread - If
- Tom Jones - She's A Lady
- The Bells - Stay Awhile
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?