Sunday 23 April 1972
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face by Roberta Flack.
In UK Amazing Grace by Pipes & Drums & The Military Band Of The Royal Scots Dragoon Guard was in the top 5 hits.
Mark of the Devil, directed by Michael Armstrong, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1972!
Which were the important events of 23 April 1972 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
- Rachel Hetherington in Port Macquarie: New South Wales; golfer (1993 New South Wales champion).
- Demet Akalın: Turkish singer-songwriter and model.
- Pierre Labrie: Canadian poet and playwright.
- Patricia Manterola: Mexican singer actress and fashion designer.
- Sonya Smith: American-Venezuelan actress.
- Peter Dench: English photographer and journalist
- 26th Tony Awards: Sticks and Bones and Two Gentlemen of Verona win.
- Apollo 16 Astronauts explores Moon surface
- Betty Burfeind wins LPGA Birmingham Centennital Golf Classic.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roberta Flack - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
- Michael Jackson - Rockin' Robin
- Joe Tex - I Gotcha
- America - A Horse With No Name
- The Dramatics - In The Rain
- The Stylistics - Betcha By Golly, Wow
- Aretha Franklin - Day Dreaming
- Neil Young - Heart Of Gold
- Sonny & Cher - A Cowboys Work Is Never Done
- Jackson Browne - Doctor My Eyes
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?