Monday 23 April 1973
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree by Dawn.
In UK Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree by Dawn featuring Tony Orlando was in the top 5 hits.
High Plains Drifter, directed by Clint Eastwood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Odessa File by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1973.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1973!
Which were the important events of 23 April 1973 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
- Patrick Poulin in Vanier: Quebec, Canada; NHL left wing (Tampa Bay Lightning).
- Derek Armstrong in Ottawa: Canada; NHL center (New York Islanders).
- Cem Yilmaz: Movie Actor.
- Patrick Poulin: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Cem Yılmaz: Turkish actor director producer and screenwriter.
- Otto Eissfeldt German old testament scholar: dies at age 85.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dawn - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree
- War - The Cisco Kid
- Carpenters - Sing
- Vicki Lawrence - The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia
- The Sweet - Little Willy
- Stevie Wonder - You Are The Sunshine Of My Life
- The Temptations - Masterpiece
- Donny Osmond - The Twelfth Of Never
- Stealers Wheel - Stuck In The Middle With You
- Four Tops - Ain't No Woman (Like The One I've Got)
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Dawn featuring Tony Orlando - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Get Down
- Gary Glitter - Hello Hello I'm Back Again
- I'm A Clown / Some Kind Of Summer - David Cassidy
- Little Jimmy Osmond - Tweedle Dee
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?