Saturday 23 April 1977
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Don't Leave Me This Way by Thelma Houston.
In UK Knowing Me, Knowing You by Abba was in the top 5 hits.
Annie Hall, directed by Woody Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while Oliver'S Story by Erich Segal was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1977.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1977!
Which were the important events of 23 April 1977 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
- Kal Penn: American actor.
- John Oliver: British comedian.
- Lee Young-Pyo: Korean footballer.
- Andruw Jones: American baseball player: outfield, he joined the Atlanta Braves in August 1996.
- Willie Mitchell: American soul singer (Born 1928).
- Lee Young-pyo: South Korean footballer
- John Cena: American professional wrestler, rapper and actor signed to WWE. Cena is the public face of WWE, and has served as its franchise player since 2005. He is a polarizing figure among pro wrestling fans, despite playing a heroic character for the majority of his career.
- Czech chess master Vlastimil Hort plays 201 games simultaneously and only loses 10
- Milt workers kill 300-500 students in Addis Ababa
- ADO The Hague soccer team forms.
- Dr Allen Bussey completes 20,302 yo-yo loops.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Thelma Houston - Don't Leave Me This Way
- Glen Campbell - Southern Nights
- Eagles - Hotel California
- David Soul - Don't Give Up On Us
- 10cc - The Things We Do For Love
- Natalie Cole - I've Got Love On My Mind
- Barbra Streisand - Love Theme From A Star Is Born (Evergreen)
- Atlanta Rhythm Section - So In To You
- Leo Sayer - When I Need You
- Jennifer Warnes - Right Time Of The Night
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?