Monday 23 April 1979
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Heart Of Glass by Blondie.
In UK Bright Eyes by Art Garfunkel was in the top 5 hits.
Manhattan, directed by Woody Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Good As Gold by Joseph Heller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1979!
Which were the important events of 23 April 1979 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
- Joanna Krupa: Polish/American model and actress.
- Jaime King: American actress and model.
- Barry Fratelli: Scottish bassist (The Fratellis).
- Yana Gupta: Indian actress & model.
- Lauri Ylonen: Finnish singer (The Rasmus).
- Bengü : Turkish singer
- Wu Di: Chinese renju player
- Barry Hawkins: English snooker player
- Samppa Lajunen: Finnish skier
- Lauri Ylönen: Finnish singer-songwriter (The Rasmus)
- Nicolas Portal: French directeur sportif and former professional road bicycle racer.
- Blair Peach: New Zealand-born anti-fascist (Born 1946).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?