Thursday 23 April 1981
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Kiss On My List by Daryl Hall & John Oates.
In UK Making Your Mind Up by Bucks Fizz was in the top 5 hits.
Excalibur, directed by John Boorman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while The Covenant by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1981.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1981!
Which were the important events of 23 April 1981 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
- Gabriella Windsor: British royalty, known both professionally and personally as Ella Windsor, she is an English freelance feature writer, and the only daughter of Prince and Princess Michael of Kent (née Baroness Marie-Christine von Reibnitz).
- Gabriella MAO Windsor: Daughter of English Prince Michael.
- Seka Aleksić: Bosnian-Serbian pop folk recording artist, whose mother is of Muslim origin and whose father is of Serbian descent.
- Sean Henn: American baseball player.
- Chris Sharma: American rock climber/boulderer.
- Josep Pla: Catalan journalist and writer (Born 1897).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Kiss On My List
- Sheena Easton - Morning Train (Nine To Five)
- Smokey Robinson - Being With You
- Grover Washington Jr. - Just The Two Of Us
- Juice Newton - Angel Of The Morning
- Blondie - Rapture
- Steve Winwood - While You See A Chance
- John Lennon - Woman
- Styx - The Best Of Times
- The Police - Don't Stand So Close To Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?